This page will serve as your resource for the Feasibility work and redevelopment of GORC Park to better serve the needs.
Here's an update of where thing stand today:
- FY 2018 - feasibility study was done in concert with AA County Recreation & Parks, Public Works and the GORC Board of Directors. Copy of completed study is below.
- March 2018 - Preliminary indications from Rec & Parks is that NO funding would be included in the FY 2019 budget.
- March 2018 - Working with Councilman Pruski, we lobbied County Executive Schuh to include funding for the park improvements in the FY 2019 budget.
- May 2018 -
- $284K is included in the FY 2019 County budget for plans and engineering
- $2.507M is indicated for the FY 2020 County budget. Please note that none of these funds are approved or guaranteed to occur.
- June 2018 - Councilman Pruski attempted to get the funding for the improvements moved into FY 2019 (and guaranteed), but the move was not supported by the county executive's office.
We would like to thank Councilman Pruski for his unwavering support of our efforts to date and the future work that lies ahead of us!